Monday, January 14, 2013

We All Managed to Get Sick!!

We have all been pretty sick over the last week, but everyone is starting to feel better and get back to normal routines. Frank had a sinus infection and the flu, Emily had a throat infection and the flu, Rob had the flu and the start of an infection, Jake just had a bad cold and I had a recurrence of strep throat and an ear infection. Frank and Emily ended up on antibiotics, Rob was given a prescription for antibiotics but was told to fill it only if got worse(he hasn't needed it), and I was put on antibiotics and an inhaler.

As if that all isn't bad enough, I had 2 episodes of chest and abdominal pain before Christmas and just kind of let it go. Last week it happened again and was so bad Rob took me to emergency, where they ran alot of tests. It felt like someone had placed a vise around my rib cage and was crushing me, the pain was also shooting up my right shoulder and my right arm would go completely numb. I will be getting the rest of my test results this week but they did rule out any heart any lung problems, besides some congestion in the lungs which the inhaler is for. They think it is most likely my gall bladder. What a relief it was when they told me that!!

I have had 2 more "attacks" since then and will be very thankful once they tell me what is going on and we can decide what needs to be done about it.

Needless to say, with me sick for the last part of the week the house fell apart, so on top of having the usual clean-up after a round of the flu, I have to get everything else done too. The boys helped a bit this morning and I will work at it the rest of the day, taking lots of breaks, so I don't wear myself down again.

Gratitudes
1. That we have access to wonderful medical care here in Canada.
2. That we are all getting better.
3. That all this sickness waited until after Christmas!!

No comments: