Saturday, June 2, 2012

Yesterday was the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for me.

I made my lunch and dropped it on the floor, which hadn't been swept. Then I stubbed my toe and it took us forever to get our papers done for some reason. I forgot to take anything out for dinner. The desktop computer crashed,it looks like it might be our power source. On the way home from dropping |Frank at youth group I got rear ended, thank God there doesn't seem to be much damage besides a dent. The last thing I needed to get done for that day was to decorate a cake that had to be delivered this morning, and when I was flipping it onto the platter it started to crumble then broke apart and half of the cake landed on the floor. Once I calmed down, Jake went through the cupboards and couldn't find another mix in the flavour that was ordered. I ended up calling the lady and she told me to make a different flavour, since it was then 10pm and the stores were closed. Once the cake came out of the oven, I went straight to bed before anything else could go wrong.

This morning I got up early and got the cake onto the platter and decorated without any problems. I cleaned up the house, then had a shower and then loaded everyone in the van. We dropped off the cake then went downtown and found a parking spot right away. Which was amazing since Spectrum was on today and it was busy down there.  The twins, Tracey and Matthew went to the library to wait for me while I took Emily across the street to her art class. The library was having a used book sale so I browsed there and found a few books. Then I took the twins to Canadian Tire and they bought the hiking backpacks they have been wanting, they were 30% off. Then we came home and relaxed.

All in all today was a much better day than Friday, and I really enjoyed spending the time with my kids and grandson. Now I am going to read and then head to bed early, because the twins need to be at the armouries by 4:45am tomorrow morning.

Here is the cake that didn't make me cry.


Gratitudes
1. For amazing children, when I started crying after the cake fell, Jake didn't say a word he just started cleaning up, he ended up cleaning the whole kitchen. I asked him once I calmed down and he said he knew I would need to do another cake s he was trying to make it easier for me. All the other kids weren't here but as soon as they were told they just gave me big hugs and asked what they could do to help too.
2. That today was such a great day.
3.That we have a laptop that I can use until we can fix or replace the other computer.

No comments: