Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Update

Sorry I haven't been posting, but life gets in the way sometimes. Here is what has been happening the last few weeks:

I am starting to feel better and get my energy back. I spent a week in the hospital and was released on March 1st. They admitted me after a trip to the emergency room for a really bad gall stone attack. They did bloodwork while in ER and found out my liver and gallbladder enzymes were very high, which meant I had a severe infection in both. They figure one of the gall stones had blocked off a bilary duct and caused the infection. They put me on 2 different IV antibiotics to get the infection under control and fluids because they didn't want me eating in case they couldn't fix the infection and needed to do surgery. Nothing by mouth for almost 5 days and I lost 5lbs!! Not that I would want to do that again though. When they let me go home they put me on 2 more oral antibiotics for another week. Now I am off all the medication and am feeling alot better. I still need to get my gall bladder out though and have a consult with the surgeon next week. So please pray that I won't have anymore flare ups or pain until they can get me in for surgery.


Rob started his new job last Monday and is enjoying it. I like the hours much better than what he had before. He is doing janitorial for the daycare that is in the basement of our church. He works 12 -5 Monday through Friday and then 3 hours on the weekend to clean the other building they have. He has less hours but higher pay so it will work out about the same. We love that he is home for dinner every night now and we have the weekend do stuff as a family.


The kids are all doing great. The boys are enjoying their classes this semester, with one exception. Jake is finding his math class way to easy for him, so his counsellor is going to get him moved to a higher level math next year. The girls got a nice break from school with me in the hospital so now we are working at getting back on schedule. Frank is trying out for a musical production at school, he enjoys acting and singing so hopefully he will get it.


Gratitudes
1. That I am feeling better.
2. That Rob, Frank, Jake and David all really worked together to make sure the girls were taken care of  while I was gone, and they kept the house reasonably clean.
3. That I recieved some beautiful flowers from our pastor's wife and from Aunt Jacquie and Uncle Russ, ad I am still enjoying them. 

1 comment:

Dad(Opa) said...

Wow, glad that you are feeling somewhat better Puppett.
I noticed that you had not been posting but you had missed many days before as well.
It would be nice to know when things are not well with you.
Glad to hear that all the kids are doing fine, and hopefully each get what they would like.
Give my love and a big hug to them all and a special big hug to you

Love ya.