Friday, September 14, 2012

Homeschool Picnic

Yesterday the homeschool group had a back to school picnic. They held it at the Esplanade and had some activities planned for after the picnic.  The kids got a tour of the Heritage House, and the Museum Gallery, then they got to do an art project. Rob and I went with them for the tours and then I joined the other parents while Rob stayed with them for the art project.

They had a presentation on how to use the First Class system that you get access to, it has alot of resources for using with younger kids and when you have older kids doing online work it allows them to link with their teachers and submit homework. Then they had a curriculum exchange and there was 5 big boxes full of stuff for free. I found a grade 4 math curriculum for next year, a geology book that will work with their science this year, 2 books that will fit in with their socials this year and next year and Hamlet in everyday English ( that is for me to read).

 



Gratitudes
1. That we all had a good time at the picnic yesterday.
2. That I am going to pick up honey tonight and Shirley is going to come with me.
3. That last nights cake class was alot of fun and the instructor has asked me to take the teaching course, and take over for her because she wants to retire.
 

No comments: