Friday, August 31, 2012

Canning So Far.....

So this is what I have been so busy with over the past week.
17 jars Sweetheart Applesauce -
 I used cinnamon heart candies to flavor
and sweeten the applesauce and it turned a pretty pink color too.
 
11 jars spaghetti sauce -
now I have a healthy fast food option for those busy days

30 jars of sour cherry walnut conserve -
really yummy

3 jars carrot jam -
small batch but it sounded interesting and I had to try it,
 it tastes like marmalade

 28 jars of  sour cherry jam-
also really yummy
 
5 jars maple blueberry walnut conserve -
again really yummy

30 jars of carrots -
I found 5 pound bags of carrots on sale for $1.50 each
so I only paid $6 for all these carrots
6 jars of spiced apple juice -
this tastes like mulled apple cider and is good warm or cold
 
I have shelves in the laundry room but they were too far apart, so Rob went and found some wood and cut me a bunch of new shelves and put them up. So once all the jars are on the shelves I will take a picture and share that with you too.
 
 
 
Gratitudes
1. That I have such a great man that loves to do stuff for me.
2. That we have lots o healthy, homemade, yummy food put away.
3. That the boys are enjoying school and work.
 

No comments: