Saturday, August 18, 2012

Harvest Time

So the last few days I have been very busy which is why I haven't posted every day. On Tuesday my friends Kathleen, her daughter and Jane went apple picking with me and Jake. As you can see we got alot of apples. We put them all in my front yard and then sat in the grass dividing them up between us. We wanted to make sure we each got some of the really good ones and some of the damaged ones to make it fair. Then the next few days I was really busy processing all those apples.  Here is what I made : 

9 jars apple pie filling
33 jars of apple sauce
3 large jars of dehydrated apples 

49 more jars of apple sauce

I also went picking sour cherries last weekend and this is what I made from them:

1 jar dehydrated cherries

6 large jars of sour cherry liquer

This weekend I have decided to take it easy and not do much but there will be more harvest stuff later.


Gratitudes
1. That we have been blessed with so much free food.
2. That I know how to deal with all this free food so we can enjoy it.
3. The most important.....FRANK IS HOME TONIGHT!!

No comments: