Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dining Room

The dining roomand hallway are done now except putting up new moulding around the bathroom door. It cleans much cleaner and brighter now and all the books and school stuff is accessible, making it alot easier for all of us.

I used a soft yellow on this wall in the dining room and both walls in the hallway, it really brightens up a narrow hallway. I used the blue paint from the other walls and the kitchen to paint the trim on the whiteboard. It makes it stand out a little better. You can see the picture above the whiteboard, it is actually a clock that was made for me years ago. It has been hidden down the hall and covered in dust for I don't know how many years because it didn't work. Well I finally took a look at it and after fiddling with it for about 20 minutes I managed to get it working again. So it now has a place of prominence again and the clock I was using that I didn't really like has been put into the get rid of stuff. Which by the way is those bags you can see in the corner below the map. The world map is a new addition that I picked up at Costco for $7. Emily loves it and has spent alot of time already looking for places and looking at all the flags from the different countries.

This is the new bookshelves in the dining room. I love the fact that they are organized by categories so it will be alot easier to find things now. The file cabinet was moved out of the living room after I cleaned it out. The only thing I need to do now is too clean off the top shelf and the top of the file cabinet. We will be probably putting puzzles and board games up there.

This is the first part of the hall wall when you walk in the front door. The white screen is our digital picture frame now we can actually use it. You can see the missing moulding on the bathroom door and that will hopefully be done soon. Maybe next paycheck??



Gratitudes
1.That I had the opportunity to go and pick sour cherries today with my kids and a friend.
2. That there was a wonderful breeze out in the fields, it kept the bugs away and felt great.
3. That the owners gave me a recipe for sour cherry liquor(Rob is really excited about it).

No comments: