Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My bathroom floor is done!! The flooring guys just left and there are no more soft spots and it looks really good. After work Rob will put the vanity back in and then I will put everything away. Then the only thing left to do in the bathroom will be to replace the tub surround and to either cut some panelling to cover up the hot water tank or maybe I will make a curtain for it.  Then the bathroom will be completely finished.

Last year Emily saw a kids couch that a friend had and she really wanted one too. I looked at Walmart and the ones there were $35 and much smaller than the ones we had seen. The fabric on the ones at Walmart was alot thinner and they looked cheaply made. So I told Emily no and that we could keep an eye out for one that was better quality. On the weekend I saw one on a garage sale site so went and took a look at it. It was in really good shape and it was one of the bigger ones with thick foam and sturdy fabric. It also has a zipper to take the cover off for washing. I paid $15 for it and Emily and all the other kids are loving it. Since I brought it home there has been at least one kid or cat on it at all times. LOL!! I consider it money well spent.

Gratitudes
1. That my bathroom floor is fixed.
2. That my toilet is back in, and that I have a wonderful neighbour that let me use hers until ours was in.
3. That I found the kids couch that Emily has wanted for a long time on a garage sale site.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Cool, it will be mostly put back together before we get there.

Now I hear the kitchen is being taken apart, what are you a sucker for punishment LOL

Danni said...

Mom said the same thing. I am starting to wonder about my sanity! LOL