Friday, May 25, 2012

A few weeks ago I found a cool idea on Pinterest. They were called time out or meditation jars and I decided to make them too. We have been using them as relax jars, the kids can shake one up and then sit quietly while the glitter settles. I used clear pop bottles, because I wanted something the kids could handle instead of just looking at them, glitter glue, glitter and hot water. I didn't have measurements or amounts so I just played with it until I was happy. I did use some superfine glitter in my first bottle and it just kind of gets gloopy and floats on top, so avoid that superfine stuff if you attempt to make one.
This is the bottles once everything is settled.
This is with the glitter swirling around.
These were definitely worth the money( I spent under $8 on all 5 of them, but we did have some glitter already in the house) and the time it took to make them. The kids all love them.


Gratitudes
1. That I just found out that I can get used coffee ground for my garden for free.
2. That I have a wonderful man in my life who works very hard so I can stay home and take care of the kids.
3. That we have a paid for home, even though it needs work.


No comments: