Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

A wonderful Thanksgiving here and I got alot accomplished too.

I cooked a ham, packaged all the meat and boiled the bones for broth, and then pressure canned the broth. We got 6 bags of ham in the freezer and 6 jars of ham broth.
6 jars of ham broth

I cooked a turkey, boiled those bones and canned that broth too. After dinner we packaged up the leftovers and got 4 bags of turkey meat and 10 jars of turkey broth.
10 jars of turkey broth

Rob peeled too many potatoes again, he does that every year. LOL!! Apparently he needs supervision when you hand him a potato peeler. After dinner we packaged up the leftover potatoes and we got 10  ziploc bags of those too.

I also managed to get my corn cob jelly and corn cob syrup done today too. The jelly we just left plain and to the syrup I added vanilla nut extract. Everyone tried it and said it is delicious, so now we need to make some pancakes and try it out.
5 jars of corncob jelly 
7 jars of corncob syrup with vanilla nut flavouring


Menu for this week is

Sunday - leftovers
Monday - turkey
Tuesday - split pea soup
Wednesday - hot turkey sandwiches
Thursday - fish
Friday  - leftovers
Saturday - spaghetti squash



Gratitudes
1. That my kids were all here for Thanksiving, I love all being together, even though it gets really noisy.
2. That I got alot accomplished today.
3. That we have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: