Saturday, July 28, 2012

My New Kitchen

So yesterday David and Maria took Emily and Rebekkah to the stampede and fair. Both the girls had a really great time. They loved the rides and David and Marie bought them fries and cotton candy. Emily won a door prize, it was a craft kit too make glow in the dark flowers. She is pretty excited but has decided to make them after Rebekkah gets back from holidays, so she can do some too.

Jake was supposed to go but had stayed up too late the night before then skipped breakfast and walked up to the bank at lunch in the heat. Needless to say when he got back he did not look well at all and he said he was feeling sick. I told him to go have a shower and when that didn't help I sent him to bed. He slept for over 3 hours and when he woke up he ate and was fine. He decided to just take it easy and go to the fair Saturday instead. So he relaxed for awhile and then David called and said that he wanted to take Jake to the movies with Uncle Joe. They had a good time.

Jake wasn't thrilled about going to the fair today by himself so David said he would go and hang out with him, even though he won't go on the rides. Now Tracey has called and is going to come out today too, and she doesn't get sick on the rides. So Jake is pretty  happy that he gets to go with his big brother and big sister.

Now onto the kitchen since thatis the title of this post. LOL


Let me start by saying "I LOVE MY NEW KITCHEN!!!!!" 

I know it isn't new, it's just paint but to me it feels new. I still come out in the morning and love how bright it is. The blue adds a nice splash of colour and makes me smile whenever I look at it . The white just looks so clean that I don't even mind the yellow counter tops anymore. LOL

One morning last week I came out of the shower and my neighbour was on a ladder at my kitchen window. The screen for our window has been ripped since we bought the place and we have just made do. She told me that she had some extra screen that would cover ours and since her ex is the one that broke it in the first place, she was going to fix it for us. I thought that was really nice, so while she was doing that I washed that window too and it needed some serious scrubbing.

Now when I look out my window I alwasy look twice because it looks like it isn't there. I guess I had gotten used to the grime. Yuck!



Gratitudes
1. That Emily had such a good time at the fair.
2. That Emily and I staightened up last night and woke up to a clean house this morning.
3. That Jake is feeling better.

No comments: