Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Death By Smores Cookie Bars

Over the past few weeks I have been slowly trying to go through my cupboards and organize them. I recently found a jar of marshmallow fluff way in the back of the cupboard.

How did that get there and how long has it been there? I figured it had been there for quite awhile judging by the layer of dust on it. Oops!

So, I searched the internet until I found a recipe that used marshmallow fluff. I was really excited when I found this one that would also use up some of the graham cracker crumbs that I also found in the cupboard. Not to mention that they sound absolutely delicious!! The kids are going to have these for after school snack. Boy are they going to be excited. They even look yummy!



½ cup room temperature butter
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (whizzed in food processor until fine)                                                 
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 milk chocolate bars (I used chocolate chips and it worked great)                                               
1 ½ cup marshmallow fluff

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
Combine and cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
Beat in the egg and vanilla.
Whisk together in small bowl flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
Add dry mixture to butter mixture and mix at low speed until combined.
Divide dough in half. Press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
Place milk chocolate bars over dough in single layer.
Spread marshmallow fluff over chocolate
Place remaining half of dough in a single layer on top of marshmallow. Tip: Flatten small pieces of dough into small shingles and layer them together.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.


No comments: