Monday, January 9, 2012

We have been looking at ways to cut costs in order to be able to put more money towards our debt. One of the things we have decided to focus on is meal planning. I use to plan all our meals and shop once a month but had stopped doing it faithfully a while ago. I won't be going back to once a month shopping because we want to still be able to shop the sales still, but we will be planning better.

Rob doesn't care what we eat he just likes to eat anything and everything, so the kids and I will be planning our menus. Every Sunday we are going to plan the meals for the next week, based on what we have in the house. Before when I was planning I always thought I should do it a month at a time, but would then get frustrated when something  came up and we had to change things. I figure by only doing a week at a time less should come up because I should already know what is happening one week in advance. If something does come up at least it won't be alot of changes.

So here is our menu for the next week:

Sunday - vegetable soup
Monday - tacos
Tuesday - pumpkin pancakes
Wednesday - tuna melts and soup
Thursday - spaghetti
Friday - pizza

No comments: