Friday, August 29, 2008

I spent all day today baking cakes and making icing flowers for the princess castle cake for my daughters birthday party tomorrow. When I wake up I'll have to assemble everything and put on the finishing touches. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'll post a pic when it is done.

I called and made an appointment for our ducts to get cleaned before winter hits and we need to get a new filter. That should help our utility bill alot(they are really blocked). I also called and cancelled cable tv. We got it connected in March after having no cable for over 10 years. They were offering a full package for $20 a month for 6 months, so we thought we would check it out. Our 6 months is up next week and the new bill would be $60 a month. For the shows we watch $20 is worth it, but it is definitely not worth $60. I asked them to extend our lower payment for a few more months and they said no, so I told them to disconnect it. Surprisingly the kids don't seem to care.

The girls I babysit just got picked up so I'm going to have a quick shower to wash off all the icing and cake batter, then I'm heading down to pick up Mom from the bus depot. Then I'm off to work at A&W until midnight.

No comments: